Introduction to UTSA Engaged
UTSA Engaged is an online portal supported by GivePulse that allows UTSA students, faculty, staff, and campus organizations to record their service hours, find service opportunities and connect with various non-profit and community organizations. Through UTSA Engaged those associated with UTSA are added to subgroups and utilize the portal to keep track of all service events and record hours. Non-profit affiliates post opportunities and assist us in verifying service hours.
How to set-up UTSA Engaged (GivePulse)
- Go to https://utsa.givepulse.com/search
- Search for your organization to verify that you don’t already have an account established. In some cases organizations have accounts that need to be claimed and or past employees have set up accounts.
- You can click “claim account” or contact email@example.com to report a change in an account administrator.
- If you do not have an organizational account, the proceed to the following steps:
- Go to https://utsa.givepulse.com/join
- Fill in the form with your personal contact information, organizational name, type, description, etc. Be sure to upload your logo and photo to personalize your account (You automatically become affiliated with UTSA by signing up on GivePulse through this manner)
- List your first event on the system.
- Click continue and proceed as instructed.
- Once you have set up your account, you can begin to list numerous events.
Hints on using UTSA Engaged (GivePulse)
- Students respond best to specific dates and times for service opportunities.
- The system allows, one time opportunity, reoccurring, multi-day, and timeslot set ups for your opportunities. For example if you need volunteers every Tuesday from 3-5 pm, you create one event as a reoccurring opportunity.
- Opportunities are displayed chronologically on the wall by date.
- Open Opportunity listings are searchable and allow for volunteer referrals.
- Students that register for your opportunities are added to your organization and can be reached out to for future opportunities.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-458-2660.