What is Service-Learning?
Service-learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection in an academic course to enrich the student learning experience, instill a sense of civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.
Goals of Service-Learning
- Enhance academic learning.
- Develop character and citizenship skills.
- Learn about social issues impacting the local community.
- Deepen critical thinking and communication skills.
- Engage in meaningful service that has a mutually beneficial impact.