The Rowdy Impact Photo Contest occurs every Spring at UTSA. Students, faculty and staff can now showcase their civic engagement via social media and UTSA Engaged in an ethical manner.
Click here to view all 2017 contest submissions.
Awards and Prizes
1st place- $100
2nd place- $75
3rd place- $50
Faculty/Staff Member: $50
Student Organization Award: $100
- Does the photo show member(s) from UTSA contributing to the San Antonio community?
- Does the photo description align with the service/engagement being displayed in the picture?
- Is the picture in focus and not staged?
- Does the picture show people with dignity, equality, support, and integrity? Is the location of the event tagged?
To be considered for this award, each entry must follow the following guidelines:
- Submit photo via Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Brief reflection of service impact included in caption
- Use #RowdyImpact
- Tag @UTSAengaged
- Tag location of service event on your post
***UTSA Student Organizations must submit their photo from their official social media account to be considered for the Student Organization award category.
Why an ethical photo contest?
This contest encourages Roadrunners engaged with the community to reflect on their intentions of service.
- What are my intentions in serving others?
- How am I making an impact?
- Does my service perpetrate stereotypes or am I working to tear them down?
- What is the impact I hope to express in this photo?
- What am I trying to say about civic engagement?
Though our community engagement we must stop and reflect on our work to align intentions, ideals and actions to ensure that we are impacting the lives of others in the community in an ethical manner.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-458-2171